About Me

My photo
New mommy. Southern. Conservative. Sorority woman. Army wife. Avid reader.

01 January 2009

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

See ya 2008. I can't say I'm sorry to see you go. While I'm not super ready to start a new year (simply because that means I'm 4 days away from going back to work), I am glad to be finished with what turned out to be a terrible year. How's this for pessimist of the year award? I've decided that I have no hope for 2009 because then if it sucks, I won't be let down. As per the previous post, I usually have these great hopes that the next year is going to be better than the last and then it keeps spiraling downwards. Maybe if I just anticipate the continual downward spiral, I'll be pleasantly surprised if things look up. Jacked up, I know. I guess I'm just not in a very good mood because tonight (last night? NYE prior to midnight, whatever) wasn't that great and just made me realize that a change in date doesn't change the circumstances of my life. Things still suck. Going from an 8 to a 9 in our year isn't going to fix that. Aren't you glad you came to read my uplifting blog?? Sorry folks, I'm fresh out of optimism.

3 comments:

Full Quiver said...

Hey, I like your strategy!

Angel said...

*hugs* Maybe you need a change of scenery and should come visit your girls on the other side of the pond =)

Laura said...

2009 has got to be bteer, right? Thanks for the linky.