About Me

My photo
New mommy. Southern. Conservative. Sorority woman. Army wife. Avid reader.

05 June 2008

Random thoughts on June 1st

This was a pretty great weekend (minus my busy day working Saturday). I was able to spend time with one of my sorority sisters that lives in Connecticut and rarely get to see, as well as some of my amazing friends that I've had for years but also rarely get to see. Today, my parents have been married for 32 years. I hope that I see that day in my own life.

I saw "Sex and the City" and it was fabulous! I'm not going to give anything away, I promise! But really, in the undercurrent of it all, it made me think of friendships and relationships. There is nothing like the tight friendship, sisterhood us women have with one another. When we have those true friends, we know that there will always be someone in our corner - whether to hold us up when we're falling down, fall down laughing with us or to show us what we refuse to see ourselves - the good, bad and ugly. I also saw a lot of myself in the women, especially Carrie and Charlotte....albeit minus the Manolo Blahniks, designer clothes, fancy apartments and perfect bodies! So, even if you aren't a SATC fan, go see it. It's not just a fluffy chick flick (thought you will see some of it in there). There are some poignant scenes and situations and lines that might just resonate with you. Oh, and check your inhibitions at the door and you may not want to bring your mom or grandmother with you. :)


Yeah, so, I'm being all mushy and introspective tonight. What else is new? I'll tell you what's new. I'm so getting a Wii this week. Mark my words - I will have a Wii and WiiFit by this time next week. Hey, we gotta have goals in life, right?


I had more to say, but I'm actually kind of tired. Maybe I'll say more later or maybe I won't. It wasn't all that crucial to begin with!


Oh - and my sweet, adorable, perfect little nephew turns 8 months old in 48 minutes. I love baby Jakob! He's probably one of the most perfect additions to my life. His mama and daddy aren't too shabby either. ;)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: