About Me

My photo
New mommy. Southern. Conservative. Sorority woman. Army wife. Avid reader.

25 March 2011

MilSpouse Fill-In Friday

I don't think I have ever done one of these! Wife of a Sailor hosts the MilSpouse Fill-In each Friday.

1. What is your must have gadget? submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy
My iPhone. I'm hopelessly addicted to it.

2. How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? submitted by L to the Third
Oh wow. It is completely different. I thought I would be married before I was 25. I was 32. I thought I would be finished having children by the time I was 30. Obviously, that didn't happen since I married at 32. I thought I would be successful at whatever it was I was doing. I've definitely struggled with the right career path. One thing is the same, though. I am ridiculously happy with the man of my dreams.

3. What is your favorite chocolate recipe?  submitted by Our First Deployment
I'm not sure I have a favorite. I really like my dad's White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding. Sounds gross, but it is amazing.

4. How do you deal with military life when it gets to be too much or too hard? submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes
I just have to remember that I signed up for this and I knew what I was getting into. I also know that I need to be strong for him and that what he's doing is even harder.

5. What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment?  submitted by The Albrecht Squad
Some days are going to be easier than others. Some days you won't want to get out of bed. Let yourself feel whatever you need to feel because it will pass. You'll get stronger. You'll be okay. Yes, you should be strong for yourself and for him, but you don't have to be strong 100% of the time. You'll just get overwhelmed and it will build up too much. Talk to the people who make you feel better. Do things you enjoy. Send lots of care packages and letters and cards. Keep him connected to your life at home.

No comments: