About Me

My photo
New mommy. Southern. Conservative. Sorority woman. Army wife. Avid reader.

04 April 2011

MilSpouse Survey

Mrs. S posted this and I thought I'd fill one out, too.


1. How long have you been a military wife?  5 1/2 months

2. What branch of service is your husband? Army

3. Active/Reserve? Active Duty

4. What is his job? Civil Affairs Officer

5. How many deployments have you gone through? I have been through one. It was his fourth.

6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man? I love both. I don't get to see the dress too often!
 
7. What do you like about being a military wife? Seeing new places and being married to someone I am so incredibly proud of.

8. Do you live on base? No. We live about 10 minutes from post, though.

9. What is your favorite base so far? Torii Station was nice because it was on the beach, but Ft. Leavenworth is a nice, quiet post. I wouldn't want to stay here forever, but it's nice for now.

10. What is the hardest part of the military life? The hurry up and wait life can be difficult and the separations are really tough.

11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary? Usually Wal-Mart, but whatever is most convenient.

12. Do you work or stay at home? I'm a house wife right now. If it were up to me, I'd stay one forever!

13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? I have a lot of sorority sisters who are military wives and my best friend from home is also an Army wife. I really haven't met anyone since I married into the Army.

14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX? Our PX is not so impressive. If we lived in Hawaii, then I would totally shop at the Pearl Harbor NEX, though!

15. How did your husband propose? Eh, there really wasn't a big proposal. It was just kind of a discussion about getting married and we did.

16. Did you marry him after he joined or before? After.

17. How long have you been together? Since December 2008

18. Any kids? One on the way!

19. Any kids yet to come?  We have our first due in September and hope to have another one in about three years.

20. Is your husband one of those "I am soldier hear me HOOAH" kind of guys? Absolutely not. I think he is proud of his work, but he doesn't advertise his Soldier status and he's not hard core about it. I guess it's a Special Operations, thing.

21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband? He's taught me a few things.

22. How many bases have you lived at? This is the first one I have officially lived at. I lived across the street from Torii Station, Okinawa for the last six months of his time there.

23. If you could change one thing about the military? I'm not sure. The answer would probably change from time to time.

24. Do you like military balls? I've only been to one, but I enjoyed it. Ask me in a few years if I still do.

25. Where does your family live? Both of our families live in Tennessee and both of our mom's families live in Alabama.

26. What do you do for a job? I just received my substitute teaching license for Kansas. I'll do that until after the baby is born and decide what I'm doing from there.

27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife? Um, no. Why would I?

28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone. I don't know that I do anything differently, except maybe keep my phone with me at all times.

29. Do you think other wives do that too? Definitely.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Momma on the Run said...

this is cute - I posted it too:-)