About Me

My photo
New mommy. Southern. Conservative. Sorority woman. Army wife. Avid reader.

15 September 2010

Living Life

Day Seven: Someone who makes your life worth living
I think the way that this is worded might be a little dramatic. Life is worth living because, well, its my life. It's a gift. What I can say is that the Captain makes my life more enjoyable and more worthwhile. He actually makes feel alive. While I wasn't really looking for someone when we started dating (frankly, I had probably given up on the notion that I would find someone I was happy with), I see now that I was feeling very empty. My life wasn't all that fulfilling. I had my work, my family, my friends, my sorority activities...but there was definitely something missing. There was a void I had ignored. There was certainly no adventure. In some ways, I really wasn't feeling anything. I was just going through the motions of life. The last 19-20 months have brought me back to feeling alive, though. I have the full range of emotions that I should have and I feel so many things that I'm not sure I've ever truly felt. I definitely have more adventure. I feel more of a sense of purpose. I have a clear vision of what I want in life, what is important, what is not and what I value. He has made my life better in so many ways and I now feel like I am truly living.

1 comment:

Mrs. Duh said...

That is a great answer! I totally agree that life makes life worth living!

I love this Meme! I've stolen it, and am doing it on my blog, too!